On Tuesday, The market had a gap up opening and it remained in the green for the whole session. At the closing market closed in the green. The market was very much volatile today. The Nifty index closed at 15,108.10, The Nifty bank index closed above and hold 33,922.40, and the Sensex settled above 50,193.33 The Nifty index gained around 184.95 points, The Nifty bank index gained around 463.15 points, and the Sensex gained 612.60 points in a single day.
Today, the Nifty index opened at 15,067.20 went up to 15,137.25, and closed at 15,108.10, after making the low of 15,043.70, The Nifty Bank index opened at 33,893.10 and stayed volatile between the high of 34,142.85, to the low of 33,730.45, and closed at 33,922.40.
According to the Nifty daily chart, Nifty broke and sustained above 14,890. Now nifty can go towards 15,300 to 15,500 levels, Alternatively, If Nifty breaks and sustain below 14,890 levels, then it might retest 14,600 to 14,500 levels.
- Orient Cement Q4 net profit rises over two-folds to Rs 99.87 crore.
- Gland Pharma Q4 net profit up 34% at Rs 260.4 crore.
- Amazon in talks to buy MGM movie studio for $9 billion.
- Rupee opens on a flat note at 73.21 against the US dollar.
- Sebi proposes a framework for gold exchange; yellow metal to be traded as e-gold receipt.
- Serum Institute’s Adar Poonawalla exits Panacea Biotec, sells entire stake for Rs 118 crore.
- Bharat Forge to assume full control of missile making subsidiary KSSL.
Trading zone for the Nifty index on 18th May 2021
Upside Resistance:- 15,149, 15,190, 15,243.
Downside Support:- 15,055, 15,003, 14,962.
In the Nifty 50, 40 stock traded in green and whereas only 10 were declined on 18th May 2021.
Top 5 Nifty Gainer and Loser
|Bajaj Finance||4.76||Dr Reddys Labs||-0.66|
|Tata Motors||3.53||Divis Labs||-0.48|
The most active value-wise stocks were Tata Steel, Tata Motors, SBI, Bharti Airtel, Bajaj Finance, and the volume-wise were Tata Motors, SBI, IOC, Bharti Airtel, Hindalco.
FII and DII trading activity on NSE, BSE, and MSEI on Capital Market Segment as on 18th May 2021
|FII (Cr.)||DII (Cr.)|