On Thursday the market had a gap up opening and remained in green for the whole session. At the closing, the market closed in the green. The market was very much volatile today, On the closing bell, the Nifty index closed at 11504.95, The Nifty bank index closed above and hold 22031.05, and the Sensex settled above 38845.82. The Nifty index lost around -11.15 points, The Nifty bank index lost around -289.30 points and the Sensex lost -134.03 points in a single day.
Today, the Nifty index opened at 11584.10 went up to 11584.10, and closed at 11504.95, after making the low of 11446.10. Nifty Bank index opened at 22439.35 and stayed volatile between the high of 22469.40 to the low of 21784.90, and closed at 22031.05.
According to the Nifty Daily chart, If Nifty breaks and sustain above its resistance level of 11610, Then Nifty can go towards 11700 to 11800 levels Alternatively, If the Nifty does not break and sustain above 11610 levels, then it might retest 11300 to 11200 levels.
- The rupee settles 21 paise higher at 73.45 against the US dollar.
- Angel Broking IPO will open on 22nd Sept 2020, check Angel Broking IPO GMP here
- Silver futures up 0.45% to Rs 68,450 per kg on dollar weakness.
- Paytm app removed from Google Play Store.
- Parliament passes a bill to cut the salaries of MPs by 30%.
- Another US-based law firm Pomerantz announces a class action suit against HDFC Bank on ‘false and misleading’ statements about its business.
- Zydus Cadila gets USFDA nod to market mineral supplement.
- Pakistan govt sends arrest warrants for Nawaz Sharif.
- Ericsson to acquire Cradlepoint in a $1.1 billion deal.
Trading zone for the Nifty index on 18th September 2020
Upside Resistance:- 11577, 11650, 11715.
Downside Support:- 11439, 11374, 11301.
In the Nifty 50, 29 stocks traded in green and whereas the only 21 were declined on 18th September 2020.
Top 5 Nifty Gainer and Loser
|Dr. Reddys Labs||10.48||HDFC Bank||-2.43|
|Adani Ports||3.40||Bajaj Finserv||-1.97|
|Bharti Airtel||3.25||Shree Cements||-1.85|
The most active value-wise stocks were Dr. Reddys Labs, Reliance, ICICI Bank, Cipla, Bharti Airtel, and the volume-wise were ICICI Bank, SBI, Bharti Airtel, Tata Motors, NTPC.
FII and DII trading activity on NSE, BSE, and MSEI on Capital Market Segment as on 18th September 2020
|FII (Cr.)||DII (Cr.)|