On Thursday the market had a gap down opening and remained in red for the whole session. At the closing market closed in the red. Today the market traded in a range, The market was very much volatile today because of weekly expiry. On the closing bell, the Nifty index closes at 11312.20, Niftybank index closed above and hold 21999.45, and the Sensex settled above 38220.39. The Nifty index lost around -96.20 points, Niftybank index lost around -286.45 points and the Sensex lost -394.40 points in a single day.
Today, the Nifty index opened at 11317.45 went up to 11361.45, and closed at 11312.20, after making the low of 11289.80. Nifty Bank index opened at 21989.30 and stayed volatile between the high of 22079.90 to the low of 21886.70 and closed at 21999.45.
According to the Nifty daily chart, Today Nifty broke its support level of 11350. Now Nifty will go toward 11150 to 11100, Alternatively, If the Nifty breaks and sustain above 11350 levels, then it might retest the level of 11450.
- Vedanta Resources raises $1.4 billion via bonds to support delisting of Indian flagship firm.
- Hindalco to supply 1.2 million tonne of bauxite residue to UltraTech Cement.
- Rupee settles below 75/USD mark; depreciates 20 paise.
- Silver futures slide 1.77% to Rs 66,763 per kg in afternoon trade.
- RBL Bank raises Rs 1,566 crore through preferential issue.
- UP Cabinet okays bill that allows MSMEs to start operations without NOCs.
- Aarti Drugs stock surges 13% to hit 52-week high after Board approves issuance of bonus shares.
- NTPC share price gains after singing MoU with L&T for methanol plants.
- Zerodha to launch ‘loan against securities’ product in August.
Trading zone for the Nifty index on 20th august 2020
Upside Resistance:- 11353, 11393, 11424.
Downside Support:- 11281, 11250, 11209.
In the Nifty 50, 16 stocks traded in green and whereas the only 34 were declined on 20th august 2020.
Top 5 Nifty Gainer and Loser
|Coal India||2.52||Axis Bank||-2.08|
|Power Grid Corp||2.17||Wipro||-1.98|
The most active value-wise stocks were Zee Entertain, ICICI Bank, Reliance, Bajaj Finance, NTPC, and the volume-wise were Zee Entertain, NTPC, ICICI Bank, Tata Motors, SBI.
Important Results To Be Declared Tomorrow
- Oil India
- Indiabulls Housing
- Punjab National Bank
- Union Bank Of India
FII and DII trading activity on NSE, BSE and MSEI on Capital Market Segment as on 20th August 2020
|FII (Cr.)||DII (Cr.)|