On Monday, The market had a gap up opening and it remained in the green for the whole session. At the closing market closed in the green. The market was very much volatile today. The Nifty index closed at 14,923.15, The Nifty bank index closed above and hold 33,459.25, and the Sensex settled above 49,580.73 The Nifty index gained around 245.35 points, The Nifty bank index gained around 1289.70 points, and the Sensex gained 848.18 points in a single day.
Today, the Nifty index opened at 14,756.25 went up to 14,938.00, and closed at 14,923.15, after making the low of 14,725.35, The Nifty Bank index opened at 32,437.85 and stayed volatile between the high of 33,506.90, to the low of 32,318.70, and closed at 33,459.25.
According to the Nifty daily chart, Nifty broke and sustained above 14,890. Now nifty can go towards 15,100 to 15,200 levels, Alternatively, If Nifty breaks and sustain below 14,890 levels, then it might retest 14,600 to 14,500 levels.
- WazirX announces compensation for users who lost money amid the ‘Doge killer’ trading frenzy.
- Kirloskar Ind Standalone March 2021 Net Sales at Rs 16.26 crore, down 34.01% Y-o-Y.
- Hester Biosciences’ share price surges 30% in two days as talks on to produce Covaxin.
- Shilpa Medicare share price jumps 13% on agreement with Dr Reddy’s for production of Sputnik V vaccine.
- Rupee ends higher at 73.22 per dollar.
- KKR to invest $95 million in Lenskart as existing investors divest portions of the holding.
- Geojit Financial Q4 net profit nearly doubles to Rs 37 crore.
Trading zone for the Nifty index on 17th May 2021
Upside Resistance:- 14,999, 15,075, 15,212.
Downside Support:- 14,786, 14,649, 14,573.
In the Nifty 50, 40 stock traded in green and whereas only 10 were declined on 17th May 2021.
Top 5 Nifty Gainer and Loser
|ICICI Bank||4.40||Bharti Airtel||-1.92|
|HDFC Bank||3.85||SBI Life||-1.51|
The most active value-wise stocks were SBI, Tata Steel, UPL, Tata Motors, LT, and the volume-wise were SBI, Tata Motors, ITC, Tata Steel, UPL.
FII and DII trading activity on NSE, BSE, and MSEI on Capital Market Segment as on 17th May 2021
|FII (Cr.)||DII (Cr.)|